What is the Auxiliary?
Rady Children's Hospital Auxiliary has been making a difference in
the health and well-being of children since 1953 – one full year before
the Hospital first opened its doors.
Ever since, this dedicated group of volunteers has strived to help Rady
Children’s meet each new challenge. Today approximately 1,200 volunteers
continue to support Rady Children’s through fundraising efforts, advocacy
Many members have had a personal experience with Rady Children’s
and want to give back. Others are simply inspired by the impact Rady
Children’s is making in our community. Members include parents and
grandparents, business people and homemakers, the young – and the
young at heart. Together they work as educators, helping to reduce
preventable injuries and accidents. They are advocates, promoting child
health and safety through legislative and community education efforts.
And they are fundraisers, coordinating an exciting array of events with
all proceeds benefiting Rady Children's.
How to Get Involved
Types of Membership
There are many ways to be a part of the Auxiliary:
- Team spirit, camaraderie and fun can be found throughout the Auxiliary's 24-unit membership, which spans San Diego and Riverside Counties. Click here to learn about each Unit’s goals and events here,and you’ll discover an incredibly creative and meaningful array of ways to help kids.
- We offer the opportunity to start your own Unit with your friends! The Auxiliary Board of Directors and staff can help you get your own unit off the ground! Click here to get started.
- Friends of the Auxiliary are those who support the work of the Auxiliary by making an minimum annual gift of $50. Friends receive periodic updates from Rady Children's Hospital Auxiliary and Foundation, as well as receive special "member only" invitation to annual Auxiliary-Wide events. Friends may also choose to affiliate themselves with a specific unit to receive additional "in-unit" benefits. To learn more about becoming a Friend of Rady Children's Hospital Auxiliary, click here.
- Miracle Makers are individuals, clubs, businesses or groups of friends who hold fundraising events for Rady Children's, raising at least $500 annually. This is a great way for teens to get involved too! The Auxiliary Board of Directors and Auxiliary Staff will provide mentorship and tools needed to start a Miracle Maker project. To learn more, click here.
Not sure how to get involved?
Click here to complete this form and a membership officer will contact you.
All members of Rady Children’s Hospital Auxiliary enjoy the
- Fulfillment and satisfaction in knowing you are helping the children of our community.
- Appreciation and recognition for the work you do.
- Invitations to attend some of the most popular events in the county where you can socialize and network.
- The chance to form friendships with like-minded people that will last a lifetime!
- The opportunity to attend FREE leadership development workshops.
- Our published newsletter, Chaux Talk, and online communications.
- Access to discounts from our community partners for event and recreational activities for you and your family and friends to enjoy!
Prospective New Member Information Form
Chaux Talk Library
Miracle Maker Information
Fifty Years of Caring Article
Auxiliary members gather for the 2009
Shamu & You Family Walk.